Spokane Summer Classic 2020
7v7 Tournament Rules
1. Teams may be comprised of up to 14 players.
2. Every player must provide all personal information as requested on team roster form and signed Medical Release and Concussion forms.
3. Team check-in will be available the night before the start of the tournament at the Tournament Headquarters tent, located at the tournament fields. If unable to check in during this time period, teams may check in at least 60 minutes prior to their first game. No team will be allowed to play without having provided all of the required information for every player. No refunds will be given for teams who have failed to provide the required information by check-in.
4. Rosters may not be changed after noon on Friday, July 24th, 2020
Each player should bring their state issued ID or Drivers License. Rosters will be cross checked to players ID before each playoff and championship game.
5. All players must wear jersey/shirts during play. Teams are required to wear jerseys/shirts in a matching color. Numbered shirts are not required. In the case of a color conflict, the home team will change jersey colors. The first team listed on the schedule is considered the home team.
6. All players must wear shin guards.
7. Size 5 game balls will be provided by the tournament
8. The game consists of two 25 minute halves with a 5-minute halftime period. Pool games tied after regulation play will end in a tie. Semi-final and championship games that end in a tie will continue with overtime. Play-off overtime will be a 5-minute overtime period. If the game remains tied after the 5-minute overtime period, the winner will be decided by a shootout. Each team will alternate 3 penalty kicks. If one team is not ahead on goals after these 3 kicks, the shootout will proceed to sudden death.
9. Off-side rules apply for all divisions.
10. Substitution rule is the same as FIFA, except the number of substitutions, which shall be unlimited.
11. Any direct red card presented to a player shall result in a two-game suspension for that player, added to the remainder of the game in which the red card was presented. However, if a player receives a red card as a result of two yellow cards in one game, they shall only be suspended for the next game, in addition to the remainder of the game in which he was presented with his second yellow card.
12. Coed Specific Rules:
- No more than four (4) men are allowed on the field at one time. If three (3) women are not present, the team will play short unless an agreement is reached between the captains. If there is a woman in goal, a team may have four (4) men on the field.
- No slide tackling
- All penalty kicks will be taken by women
- All drop ball situations will be taken by women
- Men’s and Women’s Divisions: Slide tackling is allowed.
13. Scoring in pool play will be as follows:
3 points for a win
1 point for a tie
0 points for a loss
1 point for a shut-out
1 point each for the first 3 goals
14. Accumulated points during pool play will determine seeding for semi-final or final matches. Semi-final games will be used to determine participants in the championship match if the number of teams in the bracket warrants them. Otherwise, the first and second-place teams after the pool play will advance to the championship match.
b. Head to Head
c. Goal Differential
d. Goals scored
e. Goals against
16. Forfeits: If a team is not present within five minutes of the scheduled game time, or if it doesn’t have a minimum of 5 players to start the game, that team will forfeit the match and a 1-0 win will be recorded for the opposing team. Any team forfeiting two consecutive games in pool play will be removed from the tournament. Any team forfeiting one game in the playoffs will be removed from the tournament.
17. Match and Score Reporting: Referees will report match results, cautions and ejections to the tournament headquarters immediately following each match. If referees do not have time to deliver the results before their next match, they may designate another individual to run them to the HQ tent.
18. Sportsmanship: Players and spectators are expected to act with good sportsmanship at all times. Fighting will not be tolerated! Players and fans guilty of fighting will be banned for the duration of the event. Abuse of the referee, verbal or otherwise, will not be tolerated. The referee will have the authority to eject any offending party. Any indication of such behavior by a player or spectator will result in immediate ejection from the tournament site. The purpose of this tournament is to play soccer and have fun.
19. Refunds: If the Spokane Summer Classic is canceled by the host organization prior to the start of the tournament, registration fees that have been paid will be refunded. If a registered team withdraws for any reason, refunds of paid fees will be given as follows:
100% if withdrawn by 6/01/20
50% if withdrawn by 6/24/20
No refund if withdrawn within 30 days of tournament date
20. Situations or occurrences that these rules do not address shall be left to the sole discretion of the Tournament Director and SPVJSA Board of Directors. They will have final authority regarding all event disputes and issues.
Spokane Summer Classic Tournament Director:
12320 E Upriver Dr.
Spokane Valley, WA 99216